User Responsibility Standards
It is important to ensure users make effective use of systems and technology,
and that ITS contain the costs associated with providing desktop support.
Knowing how to use technology appropriately should be regarded as part of the
professional responsibilities of faculty, staff and students. The list of user
responsibilities should include:
- To use standard hardware and software wherever possible
- To communicate with other users in standard formats
- To acquire training in the use of their system (as necessary to do their
jobs) by attending training classes, keeping available and reading
instructions, manuals, etc.
- To follow standard operating procedures for backups, software
- To perform routine backups of important data and
- To be able to understand and perform basic computer
tasks such as copying files, installing some software, etc.
- To use their systems responsibly and ethically as University assets to do